Friday, October 21, 2011

Mic Check

Well I not happy and I'm a bit angry so let's channel this anger and make something productive happen so I'm back here lol only because I feel expressing myself makes me feel a lot better instead of punching holes in walls and I still need to fix the hole I put in a door 3 yrs ago, but that's beside my point. I have been neglecting my creative side for a good minute which is terrible since everyone has a creative side, but some people never choose to believe it. I like graphic design and drawing yet I can't draw, but that usually doesn't stop me from doing something and since I have photoshop on my laptop why not design things I mean that's the top reason I bought my laptop for. I'm sure everyone can agree that you work better with music and well I'm typing this entry while listening to music and the reason I got the blogging itch was cause I heard "Hip-Hop Saved My Life by Lupe Fiasco" and it's been too long since I heard this track. Yet what I was wonder is why this song made me feel better and by that I wasn't a good mood then I saw someone tweet the song and I listened to it and I felt better mood wise and I actually smiled and I have a weird smile it's more like a grin lol.

Music is life's miracle remedy and  I need my music that fits my mood now if my life had it's own soundtrack that would be more than amazing and enjoyable I mean I have an ipod, but my dad feel in love with my itouch so I gave it to him. I still feel that Kendrick Lamar's album Section.80 is Album of The Year I haven't stopped playing it since it's release and each track on the album has it's own vibe and makes me feel at ease with each passing song. My love for music is only because my father played a lot of country music growing up so I have a lot for every genre and I don't judge till I listen to it and I full know what to expect from that genre most people like Johnny Cash when they think country, but that man sang the blues. Music sure has a funny way of changing a person's mood I mean I was a bit angry before typing this and now I'm completely relaxed and mellow. I need to be a more relaxed person and music should help me accomplish that goal I mean saw a real change in my mood and I do need to be a more chill person since my family on my dad's side are usually angry people and I blame them for my anger lol.

Now I'll pose some questions when you listen to music what mood are you usually in and depending on the genre you put on how do you feel after? If you have never really paid attention to this well challenge yourself and when you feel sad or mad listen to some music and see what your mood is before and after. Do you ever listen to what your music is really saying or do you listen more from a recreational purpose? I'll just say the Charles Hamilton does have a lot of music to match the mood your in and that's one reason why he is one of my favorite musician's. Now have a listen to Baby and enjoy your life and your mood and have a great Friday.


-At the end of the day I'm walking with the heart of a lion

No comments:

Post a Comment